Service Bulletin: INST 103.1
Subject: One Piece Roller Assembly Grind Spacer
- With the bearing installed in the roller, mount it along with the un-ground spacer to the roller bearing shaft.
- Place this arrangement in the clamp ring on a work bench, as shown in Figure 1.
- Use a depth micrometer to measure form the mounting surface of the roller shaft to the mounting surface of the clamp ring. Record this measurement as dimension (B).
- (With a mandrel removed and the station in full forward position) Use a straight edge to span across the face of the clamp ring mounting surface and use a depth micrometer to measure from that surface to the mounting surface of the roller shaft in the slide. Record this measurement as dimension (A). See Figure 2.
NOTE: Subtract the thickness of the straight edge used for obtaining dimension (A).
- Subtract dimension (A) from dimension (B) and add 0.001″ (for clearance). This will be the amount to be ground from the spacer. See formula below: